Grief, Crisis & Trauma Self-Study Certificate Course
For some time we have been creating an extension course so those in other cities, states and countries could access the values of this training. Over the years we have discovered that practically everyone with proper training is capable of ministering to those who are struggling with their grief. This type of help is not therapy, but a matter of walking alongside the person and guiding them as they go through their unique journey of grief. Part of the purpose of our ministry is to equip individuals and churches to help those who have experienced any type of loss.
A number of individuals have asked about obtaining some kind of certificate in grief counseling to show that training has been completed. It is now possible to receive a Certificate of Completion for “Grief Support and Counseling,” from the H. Norman Wright Institute of Grief, Crisis and Trauma Counseling.
There are benefits to an extension class—you can study at your own pace, the cost of the course is significantly less and in addition there is personal consultation with the instructor, which is a rare opportunity.
Students will be equipped to minister to others during a time of grief, crisis and trauma. This self-study program will be taught through materials written and recommended by Dr. Norman Wright as well as time with Dr. Wright via three (3) ½ hour phone sessions. Students will learn how to help others by reading verbatims of actual counseling sessions and observing actual counseling sessions. This is provided in this course as well as the latest content.
Assignments and course costs
1. Read the course handouts – these will be emailed to you
2. Read the following text books:
The Complete Guide to Crisis & Trauma Counseling
The Worst is Over
When the Past Won’t Let You Go
3. Watch the DVD series Recovering from Loss seminar (3 hours). This DVD can also be used in your ministry as a one-day seminar or 6 week class for anyone who has experienced a loss.
4. Watch sessions from Helping Those in Grief – Interactive Training DVD (at least twice) and answer the questions—this will take several hours.
5. Also included What is Trauma? – 10 page laminated card set and How to Connected – The Eyes – 6 page laminated card set
6. 1 ½ hours of phone consultation with the instructor in ½ hour segments.
We will guide you in the assignments and you will have four months to complete the course. Cost of this course is $395, which includes the books, DVDs and phone consultations.
For more information or to sign up for this course please contact Bryn Edwards at 800-875-7560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to register